Banbot V2.0 Launched with New Features!
By [GM]Scar on Fri, 14 Sep 2018 05:40 pm in News & Notices
Today, we have launched an improved version of Banbot in today's maintenance update. The following changes have been introduced.
Banbot -> Character Functionality
Player-> Player Functionality
- Banbot now uses Machine learning to predict abuses and issue Chat bans and Account Bans.
- Chat Bans will result in a total disabling of the outgoing chat from an account including PM messages.
- Account Bans will prevent you from logging into your account temporarily and you can check the status of your ban release in the Account Control Panel
Banbot Ban Criteria
- If you place a character on your ban/mute list using Banbot, the muted character will no longer be able to send you PM messages (5K) also.
- You can no longer see shop descriptions for muted players.
- If you have muted a player through banbot, the ban will only be applicable for 30 days from the date of banning.
Banbot now uses Naive Bayes classifier algorithm to detect abuses based on historic chat data that have been flagged as abuses. Banbot will consider all chats for potential abuse detection. The ban condition/criteria is decided by the following formula.
Ban weightage = Sample Strength (Probability of abusive chat) + (Number of Reports X Rebirth of Reporter) + Rebirth of Character + Activity of Character.
This means, if you place the character on Banbot, there will be higher probability of successful detection. Due to load concerns, we don't process all the chats in realtime. We aggregate chats and process them in a deferred manner whenever ample server resources are available for the task. Hence it may take sometime before a ban is applicable on the player for any communication abuses.
We are still actively developing the system. We would appreciate any kind of feedback.
New Website, ACP and Eshop Live!
By [GM]Blade on Thu, 13 Sep 2018 03:12 pm in News & Notices
As a part of the 10th Anniversary Celebrations, we have given the websites a facelift. Please find the changes below.
- Improved overall aesthetics of the website and load times.
- You can now browse the websites on your mobile devices without scrolling issues. All of the webpages have been optimized for mobile view.
- Account Activity Section has been added in the ACP to view your last login IP Addresses and locations.
- A dedicated "My Account" page has been added for both the ACP and Eshop for a summary of your account status.
- You can view more information about a banned account from the ACP.
- Eshop has been improved and has been made more user-friendly.
If you are having any issues with the website, please clear your browser cache and try again. If the issue persists, please mail to us so that we can investigate the issue and roll out a fix as soon as possible.
Forum Code of Conduct
By [GM]Warrior on Sat, 04 Aug 2018 10:29 am in News & Notices
Hello A3 Maniacs.
Hope you all remember me. I have recently stumbled upon the forums and the game after a really long time. Although I have been maintaining the website and the forums, I wasn't really active lately. It's great to see the massive progress on the game itself, however it's unfortunate that the forums have been manifested by fake accounts who only abuse. Everyone has to understand that A3 Mania Forums is a prestigious resource for any new player willing to play. Over the years there have been many posts made by players which would be very educational for new players. These days all that I can see are abuses.
I have had a long discussion with the In-Game GMS (Scar and Blade) about the forum situation and I have decided that I will take charge of maintaining decorum in the forums. I have appointed a new Forum Moderator (Barbarian) who will issue warnings for abusive posts. I will then review the warnings issued on players based on what they post and issue account bans. A Maximum of 1 warning per account is allowed. Subsequent warning will attract an account ban. Creating multiple accounts just for the sake of abusing will attract an IP ban both in the forums and the game.
I would allow flamming upto some extent as long as it's not personally targeted and abusive in any manner.
Hope you have a great weekend! I am looking forward to celebrating the 10th A3 Mania Anniversary with you guys
New version of A3 Authenticator
By [GM]Blade on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 04:33 pm in 919-916-1890
We have launched a new version of A3 Authenticator that has a lot of improved features.
Note: If you have the previous version of the Authenticator, you might be required to un-install the old application and install the new one. The accounts linked to the old application will be automatically moved to the new application.
- Setting a One Time Login password for your account is now optional.
- Get Push Notifications about your Accounts directly to your device.
- Get Notifications about upcoming Events / Game Announcements.
- You could add and remove accounts directly from the application itself.
Download here: Google Play Store